Saturday, May 10, 2008

What's Happening

Long Absense
In poetic form.

I re-a-lize it's been a while
since I last have blogged.
Oops.

Forgive me, but I didn't know
I deserved to be flogged.
Whew!

It seems my mental plumbing has
become a little clogged.
Nuff' said.

New Job
On February 11th, I started a new job working for Xerox at IBM here in Rochester, Minnesota. My responsibilities include: managing print queues, coordinating the deployment of network printers, and assisting with reproduction. I enjoy the work, but I'm exhausted at the end of the day.

Poetry Group
Thanks to the determination of local poet, Paul Walsh and others, we have started an official chapter of the League of Minnesota Poets (LOMP) in Rochester. We chose the unassuming name of Southeastern Minnesota Poets, and meet the third Saturday of the month. We had our first meeting in January. At our second meeting, we voted for officers. I was elected president. As such, I attended the spring convention in Roseville, Minnesota and was allowed to sit in on the business meeting. To honor the creation of our group, the board of directors awarded us the challenge of hosting the fall convention. One of my first orders of business will be to coordinate the event.

Chapbook
Another order of business for our poetry group is to publish a chapbook of member poetry. We are shooting for 96 pages and hope to have it available by the fall convention.

Karaoke Contest
I had such a great time judging BAM Karaoke's contest last fall that I agreed for a second go. The contest took place from the last weekend in January until the second weekend in April. And boy was it fun. We followed a similar format as the previous contest, five weeks of qualification and five weeks of elimination, and boy did we see the talent. We awarded the winners on April 12th.

No comments: