Saturday, May 31, 2008

Making a Difference

One of my favorite online sites is 43 Things. What I love about it the most is how easy it makes it to be an encouragement to other people. Encouraging those who have doubts and building up those who can see the vision but who can't quite see themselves holding the prize is one of my passions. So I just adore how easy they make it.

For example, one of the items on my list is
buy a stranger something from their Amazon wishlist every month. I started out fine with this, purchasing something for two separate people but then I found myself in a financial situation that wouldn't allow me to continue. Well, I'm finally back to a point in my life where I can take part in this again and that's what I did today. I bought a lady named Amber from Brighton, Illinois, something from her Amazon wishlist and she should receive it some time this week.

You can probably guess how awesome this makes me feel. It was definitely worth the fourteen or so dollars it cost me to have it shipped.

1 comment:

susanL said...

Well look at this! We both have a blogspot and we didn't even know it! :D